Ayurvedic care for Senior citizen
Aging is a something we all have to go through. We cannot avoid. Age of a person is determined by the kind of lifestyle her/she leads. As we age, due to our circumstances, we develop issues like Blood pressure, Diabetes, heart issues, stones, kidney dysfunction. Not only do we have problem, we also gt sick mentally and physically. We need proper care and attention at that age.
Although we always prefer to do treatments at Swaasthya. Swaasthya also provides at home service for Senior citizens over 70 years.
Old age is a sensitive phase; elderly people need care and comfort to lead a healthy life without worries and anxiety. In Ayurveda there is a special branch that deals with aging and has a rich source of drugs, formulations and various principles for anti aging. Rasayana Tantra literally means the science that deals with anti aging, longevity of life span, improving physical strength, cognition and memory i.e., improving the functions of brain and body as well as treating various diseases in old age.
At Swaasthya Wellness we will give proper care to elders in a holistic approach like Ayurvedic therapies, some internal medications, advising proper diet and lifestyle and helps them to be more active and healthy.
What to expect when you visit Swaasthya in elder care
When you visit Swaasthya and you are looking for elder care. The first and foremost step is to register yourself followed by an Ayurvedic doctor consultation.
Consultations at Swaasthya Wellness are unique and thorough. Consultant doctors will also be asking your diet and lifestyle to fully understand your issue. The consultation could last for 20-30 minutes.
We believe that an individual should have enough time with consultant doctor to clarify their doubts and understand the prescribed medicines and treatments.
Which Ayurvedic treatments can be prescribed for elders
At Swaasthya customized treatments are prescribed because every individual is different. Some of the common Ayurvedic treatments offered for elder care are Abhyangam, Basti,
Pizhichil, kizhi etc.
Ayurvedic treatments for elders
- Abhyangam: abhyangam is an Ayurvedic oil massage. Abhyangam at Swaasthya includes head, face, full body(front and back), steaming and shower. Sometimes the treatment would be customized as directed by our doctor. Abhyangam is a treatment for general maintenance, it improves circulation and overall balances the body and relieves fatigue, feeling of exhaustion and tiredness.
- Kizhi (potali treatments): is an Ayurvedic treatment done with little bundles of medicated herbs, oils, powders. These poultices are used with various pressures to treat a variety of conditions/diseases. Based on the herbs/oil used, there are various forms of Kizhi treatments. Kizhi is used to treat various conditions like inflammation, swelling, pains muscle wasting etc.
- Pizhichil: is an Ayurvedic treatment where warm medicated oil is poured on the body in a stream. Pizhichil protects the body from illnesses and builds up immunity for a healthy life. It is very useful for rheumatic diseases, arthritis, paralysis, neurological disorders, blood pressure, nervous weakness and helps to arrest the aging process.
- Basti: is prescribed when there is immense amount of dryness in one’s joint or a part of the body. Through basti the knees are lubricated(janu basthi), the spine is lubricated(katee basthi) and the neck is lubricated(greeva basthi). The oil used in basti treatment is directed by our doctor and the duration is also suggested by doctor for maximum benefit during your treatment.
- Basthi karma (Kashayavasthi and snehavasthi): In Basti Karma the medicated oil or herbal decoction is administered through the anal route. The oil and combination of medicines in decoction is directed by our doctor based on your condition. It is useful for cleansing colon, hydrating the body and helps to reduce stress and stagnation from lower body, it helps to purify all over the body.