The food we eat goes into our stomach through esophagus. The gastric glands in stomach create an acid, which is necessary to digest the food. When the gastric glands create more acid than needed for the digestion process, leads to feel a burning sensation in stomach, chest and throat. This condition is called as acidity.
At the entrance of stomach there is a valve (ring of muscle) called the lower esophageal sphincter. Normally, the sphincter closes as soon as food passes through it. If it doesn’t close all the way or if it opens too often, acid produced by stomach can move up into the esophagus. This can cause symptoms such as a burning chest discomfort called heartburn. If acid reflux symptoms (acidity) happen more than twice a week, you may have acid reflux disease, also known as gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Causes of acidity includes unhealthy eating habits, excessive consumption of certain foods such as tea, coffee, carbonated drinks spicy foods etc, frequent consumption of alcohol, frequent smoking, lack of exercise, lack of sleep, excessive stress etc..
At Swaasthya Wellness we manage acidity through Ayurvedic treatments. We at Swaasthya Wellness find out the actual reason for acidity and manage through external treatments, internal medications and advicing a healthy diet.
What to expect when you visit Swaasthya in Acidity??
When you visit Swaasthya and you are looking for acidity or related symptoms. The first and foremost step is to register yourself followed by an Ayurvedic doctor consultation.
Consultations at Swaasthya Wellness are unique and thorough. Consultant doctors will also be asking your diet and lifestyle to fully understand your issue. The consultation could last for 20-30 minutes.
We believe that an individual having acidity should have enough time with consultant doctor to clarify their doubts and understand the prescribed medicines and treatments.
Which Ayurvedic treatments can be prescribed when in acidity??
At Swaasthya customized treatments are prescribed because every individual is different. Acidity can have multiple reasons and therefore we treat the root cause of it. Some of the common Ayurvedic treatments for acidity are basthi karma, virechana, sirodhara etc…
- Basthi karma: Basti is an enema of herbal oils or decoctions used in Ayurveda. Basti is one of the five Pradhana Karmas of Panchakarma and it is used to treat vata disorders, constipation, heamorrhoids, decreases lower backache, and pain caused by gout and rheumatism. The site of action of Basti karma is Pakwashaya i.e. lower gastrointestinal tract. It is the main site of Vata dosha. Hence enema is mainly useful for the treatment of vitiated Vata.It cleanses and nourishes the colon and helps to purify all over the body. The entire body can benefit through proper care of the colon.
- Snehavasthi: Vasti with medicated oil or ghee is called Sneha vasti. This vasthi moistens dry tissues and organs, reduces hyperactive digestion and vata diseases including nervous condition.
- Kashayavasthi: vasthi with medicated decoction is called kashaya vasthi and normally after a course of snehavasthi. This vasthi gives health to healthy persons and gives strength to weak tissues.
- Virechana: Virechana is one of the Panchakarma therapies wherein purgation is induced by ayurvedic medicine. It is given after properly judging the type of disease and tolerance of the patient. It helps to flush out of the toxins and excess mucus from the GI tract and thus improves digestion, Clears congestion from the liver and thus improves metabolism and fat digestion. Relieves gastrointestinal disorders. Improves the condition of skin disorders, rashes & allergies.
- Sirodhara: A continuous stream of medicated warm oil/herbal decoctions/medicated milk/buttermilk is poured onto the forehead and hence named after the liquids selected. Medicine is prescribed by our doctors based on the ailment. This therapy deeply relaxes/revitalizes the central nervous system, mind and body. Shirodhara revitalizes the central nervous system, improves concentration, eliminates scalp diseases like dandruff, dry scalp and hair fall. Shirodhara is beneficial is reducing stress, hypertension and anxiety. It is also prescribed in clinical conditions like epilepsy, diabetic, neuropathy and paralysis.